Friday, May 1, 2020

Roman Aqueducts

France: Roman aqueduct This is a picture if a Roman aqueduct. I think these are very pretty to look at, but they also have an interesting background.I love arches so these are just pretty to me. I think it looks beautiful in the water and how open they are. The purpose of these aqueducts were used to pump water and bring it to Rome from far away places. These aqueducts were most commonly found underground. Some of these are still in use today which is crazy to me. I can't imagine having to create something like this, but the Romans did it in 312 BC.The engineering for this and idea is incredible for how long ago they built these. They were so useful and can even be found in modern times in the United States. I think this is just a pretty piece of architecture that is also beneficial in society.

No comments:

Post a Comment