Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Beginning World Religion

Today in class we began discussing religion around the world. So far we began with Christianity being the most popular, then Islamic, and finally Hinduism. I was surprised to learn that over 2.2 billion people are Christians and over 1.5 billion people are Islamic. It is crazy to see such high amounts of followers for a religion. I was also surprised to learn that Hinduism is not considered fully a religion, but instead a lifestyle of faith. I didn't think that Hinduism was not considered a religion by its followers. It makes them seem so easy going and free. I often think that religions are much stricter with more rules. I also was unaware how widespread Christianity is. I did not know that people even from places like Africa have followers residing there and the multiple different denominations there are for Christianity. Compared to Hinduism, this is huge since there are only two denominations for Hinduism while Christianity has plenty more.

No comments:

Post a Comment